4 cups fresh serviceberries
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large saucepan, simmer berries in 1/4 cup water for 10 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice with berries.
- Combine sugar and flour together in a medium bowl, then stir into berry mixture.
- Pour mixture into a pastry lined 9 inch pie pan.
- Dot with butter.
- Place second crust on top of pie; seal and flute edges.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Then reduce oven temperature to 350F and bake for an additional 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)