This is our lunch staple.
We always try to have loaves handy in the freezer.
It's amazing how much more filling it is than white
or bought bread!
4 1/2 cups warm water
1 cup oil
3/4 cup honey
7 1/2 cups freshly ground whole wheat flour
1/2 cup flax (ground)
6 tsp salt
3 tbsp yeast
7 1/2 cups (approx.) freshly ground whole wheat flour
- Mix liquids in mixer
- Add flax and first amount of flour
- Sprinkle in salt and yeast
- Add rest of flour 1 cup at a time until dough pulls away from sides. (add more flour if dough is too sticky)
- Knead for 5-9 minutes (check Duggar Rolls for Bosch method)
- Grease pans, shape and evenly put into bread pans.
- Let rise for approximatly one hour (done when you stick your finger lightly in the dough and indentation stays there)
- Bake @ 325 degrees for about 19 minutes.